Wednesday, December 21, 2011

It's beginning to look alot like _______. (Insert holiday there!)

So,
While my family celebrates something that looks a little like that photo to your left, I'm sure there are some of you that celebrate other holidays!
I COULD list them all here.. but there are actually quite a few holidays to list, and that's really a pain in my butt, so I'm not going there.   Regardless, whatever holiday you celebrate, have a great one!

Now, as for me?  This usually means I'm going to have breakfast with the family people.  But I've got a rather long list of what I'm eating here so I'm going to start on the 'breads' on Saturday.  And work my way into the rest on Sunday (aka Christmas day).  Some of you might ask.."are you staying the night with your family!?" To which I'd add.. "Yes!"  But what "I" mean is my lil at home family.  My kiddos and I.   After all, we're putting vegan cookies and flax milk out for santa and leaving him some water and carrots for the reindeer.. all good kitties shall be up in bed with me by midnight or Santa will not put anything in our stockings!  (And yes - we've got stockings!  The proof, look to your right.)

So, that being said.. once I'm done prepping breads (they'll bake at the parents house the next morning) on Saturday night, the kids and I will do what we always do.  Cuddle up, watch Rudolph again, put out our snacks for santa and deer, then head to bed.  When we get up in the morning, we'll have goodies in our stocking and something to open.  At that point I'll log some miles and head out to the parents house with my ingredients to get a head-start on the oven before the neicage-weisage needs it for her muffins.

So WHAT is on the menu-riffic?
Check it.
Cinnamon Rolls
Biscuits and Gravy
Scrambled 'eggs'
Hash Brown Potatoes
(and some fruit!)

(And later on I'll be rolling out looking like Tanta Kringle to do Kundalini with the sister)
Ok.. let's do these killer numbers, shall we?

Cinnamon Rolls:                                            Vegan Cinnamon Rolls:

       1 roll                                                              1 roll
Calories - 242                                                        223               
Fat -   10g                                                                5g                      
Cholesterol -  40mg                                                    0        
Sodium - 230mg                                                      150mg                  
Carbohydrates - 44g                                                  30g      
Fiber - 1g                                                                  2g                        
Protien - 3.7g                                                             5g                   
WW Pts  - 8                                                              5         

Scrambled Eggs:                                                Vegan Scrambled 'Eggs'
Calories - 366                                                              250
Fat - 15g                                                                        6g                                                             
Cholesterol - 400mg                                                       0          
Sodium - 484mg                                                            211mg                  
Carbohydrates - 2g                                                        4g     
Fiber - 4g                                                                      4.8g                       
Protien - 24g                                                                  13g                    
WW Pts - 6                                                                    3

Biscuits and Gravy                                                Vegan Biscuits and Gravy
Calories - 508                                                                    310
Fat - 31g                                                                              12g                         
Cholesterol - 27mg                                                               0mg          
Sodium - 1461mg                                                                 890mg                 
Carbohydrates - 43g                                                             40g     
Fiber  - 1g                                                                              1g                     
Protien  - 12g                                                                         6g                  
WW Pts - 14                                                                          8

Hash Brown Potatoes (w/butter)                                    Vegan HBP
Calories  - 337                                                                   315                
Fat  - 6g                                                                               4g                         
Cholesterol - 15mg                                                                  0mg          
Sodium - 930mg                                                                   850mg                 
Carbohydrates  - 66g                                                            65g     
Fiber - 6g                                                                               6g                        
Protien   - 5.8g                                                                         3g                 
WW Pts - 9                                                                            8

AWLrighty then. That's about the size of this one.   (Not to mention my size later on in the day of course.)  I think we'll have fun with this one.  I've never made cinnamon rolls before so this is a new one to me.   The recipe I have calls for ... er, maybe I shouldn't tell you.  Nah, I will keep it a secret. ;)
It looks like I might be on a sugar high again.  Maybe I'd better add a mile to my morning!  Ack!

Regardless, I'm going to start on this on Christmas Eve.   So you'd better watch out, you'd better not cry, you'd better not pout I'm telling you why.
VEGAN CLAUS IS COMING, TO TOWN!!!
Merry, merry all!   Hugs, Kisses and good tidings to everyone.   Til you hear from me again.   "Yo ho the mistletoe hung where you can see... somebody waits for you, kiss her once, for me! ;)"
Holly Jolly.

Music Enjoyed while writing this blog:
Christmas Classics

Current Motivation:
To have a great holiday!

Current Craving:
A kiss under the mistletoe!



No comments:

Post a Comment