Thursday, March 29, 2012

Recipe 31 - Green Eggs and Ham, and A Hiatus

So,
I did it.  I did the 'green eggs and ham' veganization, and I apologize for the fact that's it's taken me so long to post about it, but I'm getting ready to do a big ole' clean up (spring clean and the like) in my house, including removing carpet and painting a floor to get the place prepped for refinance.   So I've been getting ready for that.
I want to give a shout out to my awesomist girlfriend, Jen, for assisting me with purchasing the paint.  
But, before I get to that - let's talk about this veganization.


Green eggs and ham, Sam I am!  


I thought for serious that this wouldn't turn out quite right.   However, as I started to make it, I was pleasantly surprised.   The 'egg white' was a little pancakey, but not so much that it "was" pancakey (if you know what I mean).  It was good, savory.. just like you'd expect it to be.   I believe that was from the addition of black lava salt - which is supposed to give things an 'eggy' taste. 
The 'yolk' is what got me.   I was not as yellow as I'd have liked, but I didn't color any of this stuff with fake color.. all natural here.   The yolk came from a tip bit of carrot juice and some nutritional yeast, and the 'green egg'  spinach.  ;)

The ham of course was a pre-packaged thing.  I've made ham before, but I really wasn't feelin' it with all the time spent making an "egg".  (It's not like I could have cracked it out of a shell or anything.)    Anyhoo..

It was good.  I actually finished off the 'yolk' (which made more than I expected, and was runnier than it should have been) with a couple slices of garlic bread of which I'd made a few days before with spaghetti and creamy vodka sauce  (mmm btw). 

Happy - Surprised - I did good.


Now I gotta chill it for a bit.

I'm kinda financially struggling (moreso that I had been)   Gas going up, paycheck staying the same, I've almost exhausted my savings account because of this.. it's so hard.   I'm lucky to have good people helping me out as they can.  And it helps that I have a precious girlfriend (of a month now - let's not talk about the fact I've known her for 12 years) who spoils the beejeesus out of me.    I have had to cut things.   Television was the first to go, and now I need to slow down the blog.   Moving from person to person (unless we already have plans) is hard on the gastank, and buying stuff I wouldn't normally use is hard on the pocket book.. so my plan is to take things as they come for a while.   Pray for a raise to fall out of the sky or a lottery win, and work with my credit counselor family on getting me back on some stable ground.   I'll be ok.  I am putting this out to the universe though - "HELP ME PLEAZE?"

I'm not giving up.

In fact, after my 'spring break/work' of sorts - I'll be doing the veganization I'd planned for bff and bff Jr which - I'm not going to say just yet.. but I've had the stuff for a while, so it's going to happen.  :)

Anyway - I've taken up enough of your time, and I'll be back.  Don't count me out just yet.

I'll be back soon.

Eat well my friends!

Music Enjoyed while blogging:
Subsonic Radio

Current Motivation:
Needing a bigger cashflow

Current Craving:
Still, mac and 'cheese'!

No comments:

Post a Comment