Thursday, March 15, 2012

Recipe 30, My love to St. Patrick, or Green Tea Cupcakes.


I am reminded of nothing here.   Nope.  I was trying to be witty, but I really have nothing in mind.   Let’s talk ‘Green Tea’ shall we?   How Irish is that?  (Shouldn’t I be making Irish Cream?)

Anyhoo, Green Tea, I drink it, everyday.  I mix it with white tea and kuchika tea and a bunch of other herbs that are good for all  kinds of stuff.   


Let’s look at some green tea origins, shall we?
“Tea consumption has its legendary origins in China of more than 4,000 years ago. Green tea has been used as both a beverage and a method of traditional medicine in most of Asia, including China, Japan, Taiwan, Vietnam, Korea and Thailand, to help everything from controlling bleeding and helping heal wounds to regulating body temperature, blood sugar and promoting digestion. A book written in the Tang dynasty in china is considered one of the most important in the history of green tea. The book was written by Lu Yu and is called the "Tea Classic" or "Cha Jing". It was written between 600 and 900 AD and spoke about exactly how and where one should enjoy a fine cup of green tea. The Kissa Yojoki (Book of Tea), written by Zen priest Eisai in 1191, describes how drinking green tea can have a positive effect on the five vital organs, especially the heart. The book discusses tea's medicinal qualities, which include easing the effects of alcohol, acting as a stimulant, curing blotchiness, quenching thirst, eliminating indigestion, curing beriberi disease, preventing fatigue, and improving urinary and brain function. Part One also explains the shapes of tea plants, tea flowers, and tea leaves, and covers how to grow tea plants and process tea leaves. In Part Two, the book discusses the specific dosage and method required for individual physical ailments.”

Oh how nice.. which is why we’re going to un-doctor it up and make it into a sugary snack.. to create, the green of green… GREEN TEA CUPCAKES!
Ah green tea cupcakes.  Filled with buttercream icing and eggs and butter… ah so vegan.
                                                 NOT

Let’s do some numbers:
Green Tea  Cupcakes                             St. Vegan’s Teacakes
Calories –  171                                                   150
Total Fat  - 6.9                                                     5.4
Cholesterol  - 11                                                  0mg
Sodium  - 174                                                     167
Total Carbohydrate – 24.4                                  22.6
Dietary Fiber  0.3                                                0.5
Protien – 2.9                                                        1.5
ww pts:     5                                                          4

Okey dokey.
So, now that this is all down, I have to quickly throw together  this baby in record time.. (as I feel  late since my last cheffaronying was Tuesday).   My cupcakes are going to be minicakes which is why I’m calling them teacakes, respectively.  I am sure I’ll have a ton and a half left after the victims try (unless they love them so much they keep most). ..  I’m thinking a trip to the office might they have if I have lots left over.  Who knows?


Anyway,  I made my own matcha (thanks to the use of the food crusher at the girlfriend’s abode) , and tomorrow night I will be baking, like the perfect lil vegan baker/chef I am.


Stay tuned, the green tea veganization happens on good ol’ St Patty’s day!
*Kisses you if you’re Irish, maybe*.

Music  enjoyed while blogging:
Not a thing.
Current Motivation:
I need to workout
Current Craving:
Spaghetti and vegan meatballs.

No comments:

Post a Comment