Monday, July 8, 2013

Goodbye Paris - Recipe 93.

Ah.. what a visit!   1910 Paris, France.  A yummy visit!

We made Croque Monsieur with Bechamel sauce and I can definitely say - It was one yum of a trip!

I made two sandwiches.. I finished two sandwiches (You didn't really think I had someone there, did you?)




I thought this would take a while, after all I had to figure out how to make Guyere' cheese, vegan..

It wasn't really all that hard.  I'm not 100% sure what Guyere' tastes like (or if I'm even spelling it right for that matter) so I improvised.  Usually cheese has a tang, so I mixed my 'cheesy duo' up with some lemon juice, warmed it up and started up on my Bechamel.


This was easy.  I had to start out with a 'roux' then make it into something easy peasy cheesy with a bit of the guyere and a hint of parmesan.    I think it turned out just like it's counterpart must taste.. if not, it doesn't matter because it did what it was supposed to! 



During this time, I was toasting bread.. it was suggested to use ciabatta, but I didn't have the cash flow to go out and buy fancy bread, so I went with what I had.  I spread out the mustard like it suggested, then started layering.
"ham"  "cheese"  bread...




So far so good.. time to top them off and put them into the oven!






There they were, smothered, topped and ready to go into the oven.
In they went, and waiting I did.  (This really is the hardest part!)   It started smelling really yummy, and I couldn't wait to get them out!


BAM!
DONE!

I paired the first sandwich with a salad.. I needed some greenery...
The second sandwich.... we won't talk about it. ;)

These were AMMAAHHZZING!

Ooh La La if you will!

So - onto our next leg of our European tour.  We're in the air, heading to - baby central...baby watch!!

(Can you guess what I'm talking about?  Think modern day royalty!)

We'll be landing soon!



Music enjoyed while blogging:
Not much


Current Motivation:
Stopping my scratchy throat

Current Craving:
Nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment