Monday, July 9, 2012

Recipe 43 - Red White and Burger/Fries.

Ok, I have to get this out.  There's something in my basement that's making a loud squeal/chirp sound.  I dunno what it is, but it's freaking me out.  I have no idea how to get to it, how to get it out - it seems to be stuck in my airvents, and I have no $ to call a person.  I have no idea.  I've had to seal off the basement to my kids, which makes them pout - and me unhappy because I do laundry and such down there.  It sucks right now.  I assume now it's a squirrel, listening to more 'noises' on youtube.. but heck I dunno.  I just want it to leave!
Regardless, let's talk about my burger veganization from the weekend.

I had originally planned to take the burgers to the girlfriends house and put them on the firepit/grill, but decided not to since it was hotter than blue blazes out.  So, we enjoyed them here and then went back to swim in the pool at her place.

Regardless, I started out in the morning making these things.  Ok, they were yummo - but time consuming.  As I was making them I was also multitasking making pineapple-zucchini bread (which I might add was wonderful for my very first try at Z-bread). I however made them early because I wanted to make sure they'd be firm enough to cook.  (I've had issues with other recipes just falling apart at the seams.)  We're talking an hour, boiling, blending, mixing, blending, mixing shaping.. then they cooled in the fridge for several hours.

When it was time to slice and bake my red-white-blue fries I made a table set-up.

This was for the burgers (and the mustard and ketchup of course for the fries.)  I like to dip my fries in mustard, then ketchup.  I think I might have learned this from the BFF.  I can't recall.. but it's the best way to eat a fry.  :)

So, I cut into fry shape about 9 medium white, red and blue (which cut to purple) potatoes and arranged them on a cooking sheet.  (I wasn't actually planning on 'frying' them.. I wanted them a bit healthier), so they went into the oven to bake for some-odd 45 minutes or so.

So, as those were baking, I checked some email, then pulled out the 'burger' patties to prep them out for cooking.
I set up the table and got everything ready - then told the girl to come on over because it would be ready soon - and you know, I kinda just wanted to spend some time with her before dinner.  I'd make her some bread and had a little giftie for her, so - whatever you don't care.

I 'pattied' the burgers and put them into a frying pan with a little bit of oil.  Fried those babies up and coincided them with the baking 'fries' and then thought I'd be creative and serve them in baskets - like many of those burger chains do.. and 'voila' the burger and fries (all american etc) vegan style!

And you know what?  It was YUMMY!!!   I was impressed, the girl was impressed, we were happy, our tummies were happy.. etc.
So, those all american burgers and fries... well you see now they can be veganized!

Mmm.  I have leftovers.. I'm excited.

So, what's next?   Well, I have to make a cake for my baby this weekend, as she's turning four and her party is on Sunday, so I'm taking the weekend off to do that, but RoVL will not be ignored.  I'm pulling up some all american food from the last years vault to fill this weekend and we'll discuss that very soon.

So - let the all american picnic churn on!  Happy summer, and stay cool.  You'll be hearing from me again, shortly... and hopefully said animal will be outta my basement.  (say a prayer).


Music enjoyed while cooking:
Stereolab - Mars Audiac Quintet

Current Motivation:
A freakin' squirrel!

Current Craving:
Mac and Teese

No comments:

Post a Comment