Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Don't you dare dip me, PLEASE don't dip me!

Is this how you imagine chips and dip?   I'd think it'd be the other way around.. it's the dip that has the one living animal protien in it. ;)

OHH kay, let's un-politcalize this and move on to what we're really here for..  thine next veganization - recipe 34 - 'cheezy spinach and artichoke dip'.

This is one of my very favorite things to nosh on while waiting for the main course at most eating joints.  However, I find I cannot do this anymore.   It doesn't make me INCREDIBLY sad, because I know that all I have to do is take a walk to my kitchen later on and whip my own vegan recipe of this up, throw some corn chips on it and that makes me richer.  Why?  Because, I've spent no money on the un-vegan kind AND.. it makes me richer with lurve...  and love makes the world go round.

I digress.   What of this cheesy masterpiece?  Where did this goodness start out anyway?


Who the crap knows?
There is nothing on the origin of this yummy stuff.  I just can't figure this out!

Ok, I'll claim it.  Back in the year 1975 - I came out crying "SPINACH, ARTICHOKES, CHEESE, DIP ME IN!"


There you go.  I originated it, some doctor heard it, and copied what I said.. it's been manipulated over the years, but only a VEGAN can perfect it.. and that's what this vegan is going to do.
Me a few years later singing about how I originated the spinach artichoke dip.



Let's look at some numbers:

Spinach Artichoke Dip                                          The 'art of no 'chokin' dip
       1 TBS                                                               2TBS (lookie there)

Calories 162                                                                       140
Total Fat 12.5 g                                                                    5g
Cholesterol 28mg                                                                  0
Sodium 570mg                                                                    428
Total Carbohydrate 6.6g                                                         8.5
Dietary Fiber  2 g                                                                  9.6
Protein         7.3g                                               13.8 (wow! where do i get my protien again?)
WWpts -   4                                                                          3

Well then... look, I can have TWO tablespoons of a vegan dip, as opposed to one of the un-vegan kind, and still not be over my (whatever it is I'm supposed to be watching) for the day.  And don't you ever ask me where I get my protien again, dope.  :P  (just kidding, love, respect, kindness... )

So, the only person I know that loves spinach artichoke dip more than me is...
well, ok, I know lots of people that love it, but the one that REQUESTED to be the victim in this veganization is the girlfriend, and I'll probably bring my crocks and make it at her house (provided she has a working sink, which as of right now isn't looking promising - we may have to wash stuff out in the bathtub - or maybe we'll do this thang at my place.)  I have til Saturday to figure it out.

I'm stoked.
I'm choked.
I am making my world famous (cuz remember, I claimed it) dip.


Dipping begins on my old mans 15th - 4-21.
My birthday Orbs with his aspurragus



Music Enjoyed while blogging:
Pandora - Sheri's Shoobop Station

Current Craving:
Mac and Teese

Current Motivation:
Gettin' my big man to feel better for his birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment