Thursday, January 24, 2013

Laxmi - The pineapple to my coconut.

Ah, the old adage.. "just let it roll off your back"  is very hard for me to do sometimes.
When you have people calling your (very realistic) views crazy, or even when they're just calling you crazy and they don't know you, it's sometimes very hard to stomach.
So - in hopes of not stomaching it anymore, I just keep firing back.  You don't have to share my opinion about anything.  But don't think I'm going to stand idly by and not stand up for the helpless animals of the world.   I feel very strongly about this.
Peace and Love..  It's something I am wealthy with.
Which is why the Thai Goddess Laxmi is hovering over our last Thai dish for the blog.

Let's discuss this dish, shall we?

Surely I do not have to go into the plight of the chicken once again - but rest assured - I will.  It needs to be known.
However, instead of a long drawn out schpiel, I'll give you a link.

Click that ADORABLE chicken, pleazes?

Had enough?
Too bad. :P

You're about to get more - but in the way of tasty vegan food!

So, I'm about to make "Thai Chicken Curry With Pineapple".

Um, yum!

Traditionally this would be made with chicken, chicken stock, and fish sauce (there's that fish sauce again).  And topped on a bed of rice.

Look at it! 

Well, I can do you one better.. I can make this just as delicious as that one, and you probably won't even be able to tell the difference!  However, you're not eating with me.  No one is!

I'm making this tomorrow night.. in the wiles of my winter home.

Don't you just love when I cook by myself?  Do you think I'll get a surprise visitor again?  Really - my Thai month would not be complete without one.. I've had one for each dish.

Let's do some numbers:

Thai Panang                   Vegan Thai Panang

Calories - 409                           206
Total Fat - 28.4                         12.8
Cholesterol -  69                          0
Sodium -   868                           423  
Total Carbs - 18.3                      15.5
Fiber - 3.5                                   2.8
Protein - 23.1                             15.4
WW Pts - 11                                6


Have I ever told you how wonderful pineapple is?
Well let me give you some GOOD news!

 Benefits of Pineapple

1. It lessens risk of hypertension. Hypertension occurs when too much force is exerted on the artery walls while the blood circulates. One of the best ways to combat this is to infuse a high amount of potassium plus a small amount of sodium in your diet to lower blood pressure. Pineapples are the perfect for hypertension because a cup of pineapple contains about 1 mg of sodium and 195 mg of potassium.

2. It helps you lose weight! Eating pineapple can highly cut down your sweet cravings because of its natural sweetness, saving you from a lot of sugar-induced calories. Incorporating a lot of pineapple in your meals will also help a lot in weight loss because pineapples can make you feel full without giving you an ounce of fat.

3. It maintains good eye health. Time and again, studies have found that pineapples protect against age-related eye problems because it is rich in antioxidants.

4. It fights a lot of diseases, being rich in Vitamin C. Pineapples are known to be a very good source of vitamin C, which protects our bodies from free radicals that attack our healthy cells. Lots of free radicals in the body can lead to major diseases like heart disease, diabetes, and various cancers. Vitamin C is considered the most important water-soluble anti-oxidant that fights against disease-inducing substances within the body. It is also an excellent fighter against flu and a great enhancer of the immune system.

5. It prevents plaque and keeps teeth healthy. Another benefit of the high amount of vitamin C in pineapples is that it prevents formation of plaque and gum diseases.

6. It cures constipation and irregular bowel movement. Pineapple is rich in fiber, making it effective in curing constipation and irregular bowel movement.

7. It keeps your skin beautiful! Pineapple contains enzymes that make skin elastic, improve skin hydration, and remove damaged and dead cells. Thus, it helps us achieve a clear and glowing complexion. The enzymes in pineapples also fight free-radical damage and can reduce age spots and fine lines.


Alright, that's enough positives for me to be thoroughly convinced. 
I'll be flirting with the pineapple tomorrow night  (oh and the coconut too - why not?  No one else there to flirt with besides my cats)

Have a bright day folks.. and remember.. peace and love always.  :)

Music enjoyed while blogging:
Nein

Current Craving:
Nein

Current Motivation:
Getting it off my chest...

No comments:

Post a Comment